some things i’d like to point out, because a lot of people seem to be confused:
- THIS ISN’T A HOAX OR A FANVID! star trek renegades is a project headed by Tim Russ (Tuvok) and other members of the cast and crew of previous incarnations of Star Trek to continue a Star Trek narrative for webisodes
- Star Trek fans raised the entire budget for this trailer by themselves! this is the first teaser, and if i’m not mistaken, there’s going to be a longer trailer/pilot episode released in the future.
- THE GOAL IS TO GET FUNDING FOR THIS TO BE MADE INTO A WEB SERIES—THEY STILL NEED FUNDING
- thIS IS UP TO US TO SUPPORT AND GET THIS MADE BEYOND A PILOT EPISODE! HERE’S HOW TO HELP
- you can support star trek renegades through their twitter, facebook, and official website (AND OF COURSE ALSO VOICING YOUR SUPPORT OF IT!)
Let’s play “transmisogyny”!
The wage gap is a totally real and significant thing, but please don’t be a transmisogynistic asshole in an attempt to talk about sexism. Be real - would a woman with a penis really have access to better education, be more accepted in the workplace, and earn a higher salary than a woman without one?
(Spoiler alert: no. Stop being a fucking asshole.)
I am utterly certain that when you become a dentist, architect, or lawyer, they ask you to whip your dick out so they can decide how much to pay you.
A PENIS IS NOT A GENDER IDENTITY, IT’S A FUCKING PIECE OF BODILY ANATOMY, AND FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK THAT IT SAYS A DAMN THING ABOUT WHETHER SOMEONE IDENTIFIES AS FEMALE OR NOT. FUCK YOU.
- Trans women have prostates.
- Trans women are at risk for prostate cancer.
- So framing prostate cancer as exclusively a “men’s” problem is really fucked up.
- We really shouldn’t have to keep reminding you of shit like this.
I like this reminder. Prostate check ups can now be done with blood tests, but a rectal exam is still the recommended exam because the blood test has not yet been deemed to be completely conclusive.
Fun History Fact: The overwhelming majority of cowboys in the U.S. were Indigenous, Black, and/or Mexican persons. The omnipresent white cowboy is a Hollywood studio concoction meant to uphold the mythology of white masculinity.
tall warrior woman wearing heavy armor and wielding a two-handed weapon leaning over so her princess girlfriend can stand on tippy-toes to kiss her on the cheek
that is all
there are tears on my face
19th Century Queer Couples
1. 1891 – Photo by Alice Austen
2. 1855 – Martha O’Curry
3. 1890 – via www.ChloeAndOlivia.wordpress.com
4. 1890 – via www.Flickr.com/photos/SShreeves
5. 1899 – via FYeahQueerVintage.tumblr.com
6. 1900 – Anna Moor and Elsie Dale
7. 1900 – Young souple seated in garden, from the Powerhouse Museum Collection, via HerSaturnReturns.com
8. Kitty Ely, Class of 1887 (L) and Helen Emory Class of 1889, Mount Holyoke Students, via VintagePhoto.Livejournal.com
10. Lily Elise and Adrienne Augarde, 1907, via FYeahQueerVintage.tumblr.com
Collected by Marie Lyn Bernard, via retronaut
This is an amazing collection. I think what excites me so much about it, apart from the PDAs which indicate these are clearly romantic relationships and not just friendships, is the women of colour who are included. No 2 is even an inter-racial couple!
To add to this relationships such as these were able to be visible because during this era women were considered sex-less, that is that they did not have sex, so they could only have innocently amorous relationships with other women. In addition, in the late Victorian/early Edwardian era there was a large lesbian subculture where women had openly butch/femme relationships where one partner would often pass as a male and would accompany the other woman in public and be her escort to events and the like. Within that culture were femme/femme relationships, and sometimes butch/butch relationships. This practice was surprisingly popular among the higher class, where it was seen as entertainment for the women involved by the outside world. This culture was also accompanied by theatrical instances of cross-dressing lesbians who often became very famous. On the more extreme side of the culture were groups of high class women who had large balls that essentially would boil down to lavish orgies.
For the middle class, however, it was very easy for women to be in such relationships with little questioning as women were encouraged to live together as living with a male who was not family was immoral, and those who chose to be ‘spinsters’ often lived with a close friend. Often times in these situations the women would be in a relationship, where in some cases one partner would cross-dress though that was not always the case. When women lived together, it was rarely seen as questionable if the two became very close, and women were encouraged to have these sorts of relationships.
Everything we were taught about aging is all in our minds. Eternal youth.
I cant wait for gay old couples deeply in love to be come around the world
"What _IS_ Self-care, Anyway?"
comic by coreymarie♥com
I feel like I’m watching ‘Dancing with the Stars’
THIS IS IT!!!